Help us to reach our goal of raising $125,000 to give a brighter tomorrow to young women and their children:
* Sponsor a Room in the New Home
* Buy a Brick to Serve as our Foundation
* Attend or Sponsor our Annual Gala Dinner and Silent Auction
* Donate Anytime
Grounded in Faith. Transforming Lives. Building Hope. Bethesda House.
PEMBROKE– Bethesda House, a faith-based temporary home for mothers and their babies, is busting at its seams. Our house, located in a quaint Pembroke neighborhood, opened in November 2016 and has since provided support to ten young women. In 2018, Bethesda House is embarking on a new opportunity to provide even more second chances. We are pleased to announce that we have purchased a large residential building that will be outfitted to house up to EIGHT women and their babies, giving them an opportunity to learn life skills and become self-sufficient.
“Bethesda House has been a complete game changer for my son and me. When we arrived at Bethesda House around Thanksgiving 2016, I was feeling very lost. Through the love, compassion, and support of Bethesda House, my son and I have been able to experience the love of Jesus. I can now confidently say I have hope for the future.” –RR
NEW HOME: Our new 8-bedroom home in Pembroke is in a location that will foster independence by giving residents access to public transportation, a grocery store, pharmacy, bank and playground. Each mom and baby will have their own small bedroom, eliminating sleepless nights caused by babies sharing rooms. Most importantly, we will be able to help more women improve their lives and the lives of their children.
OUR NEED: Several generous contractors and local businesses have committed to help with labor and materials, dropping renovation costs from ~$194,525 to ~$125,177. We are off to great start but we need your help reaching our fundraising goal of $125,000. Our annual fundraisers will continue to subsidize monthly donations that are used to run the house.
- Sponsor a Room at the New House We are reaching out to our supporters to sponsor a room in the new house. Each room will be named for its sponsor whether it be a local business, family or in honor of someone special. This way, residents and volunteers will always remember how the community makes Bethesda House possible.
- We’re overjoyed to share the good news that our Great Room has been sponsored through the generous donation of $10,000! A local family, spanning several generations, has come together to surprise the matriarch of the family with the Great Room of Bethesda House being named in her honor. This is a true gift of love! We only have two bedrooms and the Classroom still available for sponsorship and renovations are well underway. Together we are building a home—and hope.
- Buy a Brick to Support Bethesda House
The newest leg of the new house campaign literally serves as the foundation to Bethesda House. Our Buy-A Brick fundraiser will allow individuals and families to purchase bricks to become a part of the entryway of the new Bethesda House. Each purchased brick will be inscribed with a message of your choice. Bricks will be priced as follows:
- 4×8: $102.50
- 8×8: $255.80
- 12×12: $511.30
- Attend or Sponsor our Gala Dinner and Silent Auction
- You don’t have to wait for a fundraising campaign, you can always make a donation to Bethesda House at any time!
View and Share Our House Campaign Video
Bethesda House is reaching out the community to spread awareness and request support for our new house campaign. The Bethesda House moms give amazing testimonials in this newly released video. Please be sure to share it!
OUR MISSION AND MODEL REMAIN THE SAME
OUR MISSION: To provide a temporary home that is safe and nurturing for young mothers, either pregnant or parenting their baby. The basis of our home will be built on God’s love and how life can be transformed through a relationship with Jesus.
OUR MODEL: While living at our home, young mothers are enrolled in an educational plan or job training program so mom and baby leave with the necessary skills and knowledge to be self-sufficient. Bethesda House assists mothers in accessing benefits to aid in the support of mom and baby, as well as teaches mothers parenting and life skills. Our volunteers model the love of Christ and guide them spiritually so our moms come to know His love.
We have a lot of work ahead of us but are trusting in God to provide just as He has done since the vision of Bethesda House came to light. Thank you for taking the time to read and consider supporting Bethesda House in any way that you are able.
Yours in Christ,
Missy Porter, RN
Co-Founder/Director of Bethesda House